Monday, June 18, 2012

Love, Laughter, and Happily Ever After

I know I'm posting this a day early but I just couldn't wait! June 19,2010 I had the privilege of marrying the greatest man I've ever met (aside from my daddy). We have been through good times and bad times, we have been on top of the world and we have watched our world fall apart, we have experienced pure joy and absolute devastation and we have made it through everything with the help, love, and support of each other.

It feels so strange that we have been married for two years...it's like the past two years have flown by but at the same time I can't believe that all the things we have done has only happened in the past 2 years. I promised myself that I wouldn't subject any of my readers (if there are any out there) to an abundance of sappiness so all I'm going to do is post 10 pictures with brief descriptions from the story of us. (Some of these are pre-wedding)
This was a couple of months in to us dating.
Derks birthday in 2009. We went to the beach with his family. (Who would have thought exactly one year later we would be married?!)

Not to long after we got engaged (I'm showing off my ring). I think this was in April or something crazy...we got 5 inches of snow in a matter of hours in the middle of Mississippi!
June 19, 2010 I got to marry the love of my life!
This was at one of Derk's cousins baby showers. I love this pic of us...Derk hates pictures so there are only a few where he is actually genuinely smiling! (I love him anyways!)
Our one year anniversary pictures!
One year and 8 months into our marriage and we FINALLY got to take a honeymoon (Thanks to my step-mom and my dad...it was more like a family vacation with them and my two step-brothers but Derk and I got our own room and they sent a cake to our room that said "Happy Honeymoon" so by golly I'm calling it our honeymoon!)
We got to go zip-lining in Jamaica
 And we took a cooking class in Mexico!

We have made some awesome memories in the past two years and I absolutely can not wait to see what the future holds for us. I love this man with every ounce of my being and I am proud to call him my husband!
(see I told you it's hard to get him to smile...this was at a joint birthday party/crawfish boil for me and my best friend...who wouldn't smile for that!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment